it’s been a really long while since i’ve ventured into any sort of cake territory. lately, i’ve had a bit of a love affair going with both pineapple and sunflower butter, and the thought occurred to me that—blended with a little coconut flour and a pasture-raised egg—they might bake into a decent dessert.
…and they did!;)
(here’s a sweet reminder that i have some sort of aversion to measuring; so the below are not amounts that i used—they are amounts that i think i used…)
- 2 cups pineapple
- 1 jar of sunflower or almond butter
- 1 egg (pasture-raised)
- 2-4 dropperfuls of vanilla stevia
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- in a food processor; combine the pineapple, sunflower butter, eggs and stevia and pulse until blended—leaving the pineapple a bit chunky.
- in a bowl, combine the coconut flour, baking soda and sea salt.
- mix the pineapple and sunflower butter mixture in with the above dry ingredients.
- pour batter into an 8 x 8 inch baking dish (optional: top with fresh pineapple).
- bake at 350° for 45 minutes